[Sales 101] Get a pen




"Hey, you have a pen?"
"Hi, can I borrow a pen?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't bring a pen."

How can you not have a pen? You do need your clients to sign on the dotted line, don't you? You do need to take down notes when you're having one-to-one with a CXO, don't you?

One of the biggest mystery of the business world, how can a sales person not have a pen? It's like a chef without his knife, a soldier without his gun, a dentist without his probe. You don't see a soldier asking his mate, "hey, can I borrow your gun? I didn't bring mine."

I have any number between 3 to 15 pens around all the time. In my short career in sales, I have colleagues who beg, borrow, or steal my pens.

If you want to be at least a half decent sales person, please get a pen. Get five. And make sure you have at least one with you all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment