Cisco brings WebEx to Blackberry and iPad

Cisco brings WebEx Meeting Center to Blackberry and iPad. I even found a link to a PDF quickstart guide.

Here's the classic dilemma. Do you spend R&D budget on product development on a platform that has wider adoption, or one that has more appeal? The Blackberry phones have wide enterprise adoption, with more than 20% market share on smart phones and probably somewhere in the range of 20m -30m units sold yearly. However, even on the latest model, the Blackberry only has a screen resolution of 480x360. The iPad has a screen resolution of 1024x768. Here's the real dilemma. If I have both devices, which one would I use for a WebEx web conference? Probably on the iPad. However, which device would I tend to have with me? Probably the Blackberry, for mobility. Also, if it is just an audio conference, the choice is probably going to be the Blackberry as well. Fact of the matter is, I don't see many day-to-day business calls which utilise the web conference facilities. Most calls are audio calls.

Regardless of the case, thumbs up to Cisco for implementing Meeting Center on both devices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment