Mitel IPO


Mitel went public last week.

In the midst of my hectic month-closing, I missed this big news. How could I miss this big news? Mitel closed at $14 per share, below the expected $18 per share, raising close to $150m.

I've spoken with a couple of Mitel people over the past year. Their presence in Singapore isn't really that strong. Most of their APAC activities come out of Australia and Hong Kong.

With this IPO, Mitel joins ShoreTel and Interactive Intelligence as the only pure-play UC public companies.

This IPO definitely caught my attention, not just for Mitel, but Avaya as well. Avaya went private in 2007 when it was bought out by private equity firms TPG Capital and Silver Lake. Earlier this year, it completed is acquisition of Nortel. An Avaya IPO could be around the corner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment